|Because we are free
from sin, we dont have to give into temptation because God is
always ready to help us not to sin:
1 Corinthians 10.13 No temptation has faced
you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not
let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,
He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
This verse shows that God can help us resist temptation. Here are
some practical tips on dealing with temptation:
- View every temptation as an opportunity to do good
and to grow
Everyone is tempted. So dont feel guilty about being tempted
we will never be so spiritually mature that we will never
be tempted. In fact, the closer you grow to God, the harder Satan
will try to trip you up.
- Dont put yourself in tempting situations.
If you know youre more likely to be tempted if you do certain
things (even if those things themselves are not sin), then dont
- Identify your pattern of temptation
When are you normally tempted? Where? With who? How do
I feel when Im normally tempted? Then take steps to avoid
or be extra careful when in those circumstances.
- Refocus your thoughts on something else
its easier to ignore a temptation than to fight it.
- Fill your mind with good things choose not
to think about evil things.
- Share your struggle with others and ask for prayer
- Be armed for the attack memorize some verses
to help you face Satans lies with Gods truth.
- Remember that we lack the ability to change ourselves
and avoid sin we have to rely on Gods power! He wants
to help you defeat sin, so ask Him for help.
Acceptance: God's Forgiveness